About Plaza Auto Group
Since 1956, beginning in a small dealership lot in Toronto, Plaza Auto Group has grown as a 4-generation family business.
Over the years we have changed brands but never our commitment to our customers, community and staff. We are proudly serving the Greater Toronto Area, from downtown Toronto and into North York, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, cottage country in Orillia and Walkerton in Bruce County.
The first dealership, Plaza Autos, was opened by Morris Stein in 1956 on Bathurst Street. By 1959 the space was proving too small for the dealership and Morris took over an existing dealership at 989 Eglinton Ave West and opened Plaza’s second location.
In 1966 a new dealership was opened as the Stein’s began selling Pontiac, Buick and GMC vehicles. Morris’s son, Herbert, began running the dealership in 1956, and his son, Robert, came on as general manager in the 1980’s.
As an active participant in the growth of the community, Morris built the business focused on high standards of customer service that created a family-type relationship with many long-term customers that purchased and services their vehicles for many continuous years.
From community involvement and support to the regular car care clinics he held to help his customers understand their vehicles, Morris built a reputation for reliability and fairness.
This proud tradition continues in the now 5 Plaza Auto Group dealerships and with Robert Stein’s own sons working with him.
- Plaza Auto Group founded in 1956 (Bathurst Street)
- Plaza Chevrolet opened in 1957 (989 Eglinton Ave W)
- Plaza Pontiac opened in 1966 (989 Eglinton Ave W)
- Plaza Pontiac Buick opened in 2003 (3400 Dufferin Street)
- Plaza Kia of Toronto (2008) (3400 Dufferin Street)
- Plaza Kia of Thornhill opened in 2009 (moved location in 2017 to 9144 Yonge)
- Kia of Richmond Hill opened in 2014 (merged with Plaza Kia and moved to 9144 Yonge)
- Easthill VW added to Plaza Auto Group in 2016 (current)
- Subaru of Orillia added to Plaza Auto Group in 2016 (current)
- Orillia Kia added to Plaza Auto Group in 2016 (current)
- Paul Coffey’s Bolton Kia added to Plaza Auto Group in 2017 (current)
- Plaza Kia opened in 2017, Ontario’s largest Kia “Red Cube” dealership (current)
Plaza Auto group may be the right place to start or continue your career in the auto industry. Whether you’re interested in sales or service, find out more about joining a Plaza Auto Group dealership.